What data do we collect?
When you visit our website, Cheap Subscriptions collects the following data (note that this is anonymised and aggregated – we cannot use this information to identify you):
- Information about how you use our website, including the pages you visit and the magazine searches you perform on the site.
- Details of your operating system and browser versions.
- The pages that referred you to our site.
- The date and time of your actions on our site.
- Your approximate location based on a truncated version of your IP address (Note that we use an anonymised version of your IP address for aggregated statistical analysis and your full IP address is never stored).
When you subscribe to our newsletter:
- Your email address.
- Your first name (if you choose to provide it).
When you send us an email:
- Your email address.
- Any other information volunteered by you (for example, name).
How do we collect this data?
This data is collected in three ways:
- When you send us an email.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter.
- By Google Analytics when you visit our website.
How will we use this data?
Cheap Subscriptions collects your data so that we can:
- Send you an occasional newsletter.
The lawful basis for this use is consent.
Cheap Subscriptions also collects your data so that we can:
- Respond to enquiries that you have made.
- Monitor website performance and improve the service we offer to our customers.
The lawful basis for these uses is legitimate interest.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, this can be done using this browser add-on.
How long do we keep this data?
Cheap Subscriptions securely stores your data only for as long as is needed for our legitimate business purposes.
Who is this data shared with?
Your personal data will not be shared with any other party unless we are legally obliged to do so (for example, by a public body, authority or court).
What are your data protection rights?
Cheap Subscriptions would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cheap Subscriptions correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Cheap Subscriptions to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cheap Subscriptions erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cheap Subscriptions restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Cheap Subscriptions’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cheap Subscriptions transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond to you within one month. If you have any questions or would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the following email: dpo*at*cheapsubscriptions.co.uk (note: replace *at* with the correct @ symbol).
To unsubscribe from the Cheap Subscriptions newsletter, visit this page. When you unsubscribe your data will be deleted immediately and you will no longer receive any emails from us.
Cookies are small text files downloaded to and stored on your computer, tablet, phone or other device when you visit a website. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. This information is anonymous and aggregated and cannot be used to identify you as an individual.
Terms and Conditions
CheapSubscriptions.co.uk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last modified on 22/12/2020.