Model Rail Magazine
The UK’s number one for railway modelling, a Model Rail Magazine subscription gives readers a great mix of informative articles, in-depth projects and model reviews. It is an essential read for all modelling enthusiasts. In each copy you will find plenty of enjoyable and helpful articles about your favourite hobby, including:
- Layouts: From small shunting yards to vast landscapes, Model Rail Magazine features a wide range of inspiring home and club layouts from all over the UK.
- Modelling techniques: Get expert advice on everything from scratchbuilding to weathering, with step-by-step guides and tutorials to help you improve your modelling skills.
- Unbiased reviews: Stay up to date with the latest model railway products with in-depth reviews from the Model Rail team.
- History features: Learn about the fascinating history of railways and railway modelling, with feature articles about iconic locomotives, stations and lines.
- Reader galleries: Model Rail Magazine is more than just a magazine; it’s a thriving community of railway modelling enthusiasts. In each issue you’ll find readers sharing their projects in the Show & Tell section and the Model Rail team answering reader questions in the Know Your Stuff section.
With a superb variety of articles all accompanied by stunning photography, you’ll look forward to receiving the latest edition of Model Rail Magazine every four weeks.
Benefits of a Model Rail Magazine subscription
When you subscribe to Model Rail Magazine, you don’t just get to read the amazing content in each issue.
- All subscribers also receive a 10% discount on Model Rail’s range of exclusive models.
- Print subscribers get 13 issues of the magazine delivered to their door with free delivery (one every four weeks). The magazine will usually arrive before it hits the newsagent shelves.
- Digital subscribers can access the magazine via the Model Rail app or website and receive instant access to the latest issue and all previous issues. Subscribers also enjoy exclusive rewards, discounts and competitions, plus the monthly e-newsletter from the editor.
- Print + Digital (combined) subscribers receive all of the above benefits.
In recent issues
Here is a quick example of some of the excellent content we’ve seen in Model Rail Magazine over the last few months:
- Signalling change: An Easter Counties line captured in its autumn days.
- Ride the rapids: Create a fast flowing river scene.
- Super ‘Sixties’: British Rail’s final diesels in focus.
- DIY boilersmith: Further adventures in locomotive scratchbuilding.
- When coal was king: A celebration of Nottinghamshire’s mining heritage.
- Spanning the gap: Create bridges from scratch.
- Pure indulgence: Cramming a lifetime’s trainspotting memories into one layout.
- Feeling rusty? How to recreate corrosion and peeling paint.
Save on the cover price by comparing the offers above and order your Model Rail Magazine subscription today for more fascinating features, masterclasses and reviews in every issue.
Who reads Model Rail Magazine?
This is the perfect magazine for railway modellers who want to make the most of their hobby. Model Rail caters to everyone from those looking to dip their toes into modelling and make their first purchase, to experienced hobbyists who enjoy following the guides and tips to add flair to their own model railway projects.