Family Tree Magazine
First published in 1984, Family Tree Magazine is the UK’s leading genealogy magazine, providing everything needed to trace your ancestry and research your family history. The pages are packed full of information that will help you make progress and break through brick walls in your research journey. Your Family Tree Magazine subscription will provide a variety of useful and interesting content each month, including:
- Research articles: Professional genealogists will help you dig deeper into new resources.
- Practical DNA advice: Help make sense of your DNA mystery matches.
- News and reviews: Keep up to date with the latest record releases, newspaper archives, books and genealogy products.
- Expert tips and Q&As: You’ll find in-depth guides for every step of your journey piecing together your family tree, expert tips and the answers to all your questions.
- Reader stories and letters: Family Tree is very much a reader-centric magazine. You’ll find inspiring real-life stories from other readers and letters that show the progress made by others and detail the techniques they used to fill in the gaps in their family history.
Whether you’re just curious about your ancestors or serious about building a comprehensive family tree, you’ll enjoy a wealth of fascinating stories and articles when you subscribe to Family Tree Magazine. Follow along as genealogists and readers share their research advice, learn how to navigate common stumbling blocks and get answers to your questions from leading experts, historians, archivists and DNA specialists.
Benefits of a Family Tree Magazine subscription
With your Family Tree Magazine subscription you will get the print magazine delivered to your door every month and save on the standard cover price, plus:
- Access the monthly Family Tree Study Club which is held online, includes an informative presentation and allows you to chat about and discuss all things genealogy.
- Unlimited access to a growing online library of family history videos.
- Exclusive discounts on webinars and products such as the DNA Workbook and annual Family History Handbook.
In recent issues
Here is an example of the fascinating content you can expect to find in your monthly copy of Family Tree Magazine:
- Find DNA solutions: Eight all-important DNA questions answered.
- Unlock clues: How to use your ancestors’ friends and neighbours.
- Supercharge your search skills: Learn how to examine evidence with an expert eye.
- Abandoned orphan to heiress: A true tale!
- Trace your British and Irish ancestors worldwide: Why did they move? Where did they work? How to find them.
- Explored: Victorian rural life and poverty.
- A history of ancestors arriving in Britain: When and why? Motives for moving. Records to search.
- Left to die: Tracing a WW2 convoy crew.
Compare the offers above and order your Family Tree Magazine subscription now for more insightful articles, practical step-by-step guides and fascinating stories in every issue.
Who reads Family Tree Magazine?
This is the magazine for anyone who is passionate about tracing their family history, whether just getting started or looking for advice to break through barriers in their research.